Dustin Johnson Laps Jason Day, Wins the Bridgestone
Here's a fairly decent way to go into The Open full of confidence:
- Win the US Open,
- Cool your jets for a week, and
- Score a comeback charge to nail down another trophy.
It could work wonders for Dustin Johnson.
In fact, it's accurate to call this a better three-point plan than the Underpants Gnomes had.
Dude definitely has Phase 3 sorted.
Here's how the final round of his 11th tour triumph unfolded:
In so doing, Johnson leapfrogged his bud Rory McIlroy in the world rankings.
Here's how accomplished Johnson's become lately:
- Dude's now got two more PGA Tour victories that Bubba Watson and Sergio Garcia;
- His 11 wins are one more than Day; and
- He's match McIlroy's total.
It's gotta be a relief for him to have more talking points than the ones that got away.
If this spring and early summer are indeed the turning point for Johnson and his confidence, The Open may be the event that seals the deal.