The LeBron-less Lakers Are Being Dissed in Utah
Sometimes, it's beneficial for the master to step away and take stock of how the grasshoppers are doing on their own.
Dudes are actually coping.
James's teammates aren't grabbing the bean every time, but they've strung two consecutive wins together coming into tonight's road game against the Jazz.
Here's the cold, calculating computer projection:
Why you should bet on the Los Angeles Lakers ...
- The total has gone under in 4 of their last 5 games.
- They're 2-4 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone under in 4 of their last 5 games on the road.
- They're 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Utah.
- The total has gone under in 4 of their last 6 games when playing Utah.
Here's the Lakes' latest game against Detroit, where they beat the Pistons, 113-100:
Why you should bet on Utah ...
- Utah is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games.
- Utah is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games.
- The total has gone under in 7 of Utah's last 8 games at home.
- Utah is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing the Lakers.
- Utah is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against the Lakers.
Here's the Jazz' latest game against Orlando, where they came back from 21 points down to beat the Magic, 106-93:
Instant analysis ...
Since Thu 27 Dec, the Lakers have gone 3-5 with an average point differential of -2.3. They're 3-5 against the total. Those lines have averaged 226.2 in the past two weeks.
In that same time span, the Jazz have gone 4-3 with an average point differential of 5.9. They've gone 3-4 against the total. Their line's averaged 212.9 in the past two weeks.
The inference here is the Lakers are getting a cushion because James isn't playing. That 8-point spread looks a tad rich as a result.
ATS pick: Los Angeles Lakers +8
Total pick: Under 225
Result: Utah 113 Los Angeles Lakers 95 ... Jazz cover ... Under covers
Sportbet Columnist: Josh Bailey
Aspiring to become the Mark Twain of sportswriting, Josh has been labelled as the up-&-coming sportswriter of the year by absolutely nobody and the new heavy hitter in sports handicapping by his mother.