A Load of Pulpit: Pastor Mark Jackson Talks Down from on High
Mark Jackson was clearly unhappy being fired following the Golden State Warriors' 51-win season.
It's like arguing Donald Sterling is just a tiny bit misunderstood.
M-Jax's disdain for his former employers was crystal clear in the interview he gave to Dan Patrick:
Time heals all wounds, however. Later in the day, Jackson preached a short sermon to the faithful at the True Love Worship Center International -- the church at which he and wife Desirée serve as full-time pastors -- and it clearly demonstrated that the Hall of Fame player has already moved on.
Here's a partial transcript of his no-hard-feelings homily:
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Warriors way.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will always be my players.
- Blessed is Steve Kerr, for he will inherit title expectations.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after my job, for they will be banished to the D-League.
- Blessed is Jerry West, for he shall be shown the door.
- Blessed is Dub Nation, for they will be abandoned for San Francisco.
- Blessed are the Lacobs, for they will be called sons of bitches.
- Blessed am I when people insulted me, persecuted me and falsely said all kinds of evil against me because I'm a God-botherer.
- Rejoice and be glad, because great will be my reward ... Unless it is the Knicks job.