Tebow Does The Shield a Favor
Besides Philadelphia Eagles fans, who really cares if Chip Kelly is clever or crazy?
The Armani suits in NFL poobahdom are elated.
In one swoop, the Chipster revived one of the best pieces of clickbait the league ever had, and at the perfect time.
Here's the current reality:
- Dude's been signed as a fourth-string QB for off-season practices.
- Matt Barkley's proven to be untradable, so odds are he's about to become the fourth-string QB for off-season practices.
- Mark Sanchez isn't exactly a prototypical Chipster QB, while Tebow has yet to finish off a rushing attempt by planting his facemask into a teammate's butt.
- If Sam Bradford stays healthy, who cares who's holding the clipboard?
- If Bradford doesn't, just remember the Chipster cobbled together a winning season with Nick Foles at the helm. Think about that. Nick Foles!
Whatever. By being ready, willing, and able to sign for the summertime, Tim Tebow has served The Shield well, to their good fortune. Because when it comes to PR, they can't get out of their own way, either.