Time to Cash In on the Heat Hot Streak: Bobcats Are in Town
If there was ever a time to tap into the Bovada account and show faith in the Miami Heat, tonight's the night.
They're at home against the Charlotte Bobcats, who are only in the NBA because there are no relegation battles in North American basketball. They're laying 17 points with understandably heavy juice (198.5). And -- no news flash here -- they're on a roll.
The AccuScore data bank paints a rosy picture for the outcome, too. For example:
- Miami's home record against the spread is an eye-popping and wallet-bulging 31-3.
- Charlotte's road record against the spread is a sorrowful 6-28.
- Miami's home record against the spread over the past month is 8-0.
- Charlotte's road record against the spread over the past month is 0-8.
- Charlottes's record in back-to-back games (they lost at home to Detroit last night, 92-91).
The analysis gets much more intricate, but if this isn't the most inevitable outcome of the evening -- ranking second only to the odds of a sunset occurring -- then that adjective will have to be stricken from the dictionary.
And how bad are things going for the Bobcats? The Pistons snapped a 10-game losing streak last night. Charlotte is everyone's remedy for a bad patch right now.
So what are they for a team that's streaking at historical levels?
A tomato can.
Great play. Worth the juice. See you at the till.
Result ... Miami 109 Charlotte 77 Miami covers -17